Produced at the Mantua plant, the expandable polystyrene (EPS) range contains secondary raw materials (MPS) supplied by the Italian household differentiated collection circuit, including polystyrene cups, trays and yoghurt cups.
The project is carried out with the collaboration of COREPLA (National Consortium for the Collection, Recycling and Recovery of Plastic Packaging) and the finished product can be transformed into the same applications as the virgin product: insulating panels for energy saving in construction or packaging protective equipment for household appliances and furniture.
In this way we increase the circularity of the products and drastically improve the recycling potential of styrenic polymer-based products. In addition, we give new life to important products for our daily life by converting them, after use, into durable goods.
The Versalis Revive® EPS portfolio includes:
- Versalis Revive® EPS 3000: containing 35% MPS, for the industrial packaging sector
- Versalis Revive® EPS 3000 AE: containing 10% MPS, self-extinguishing, for the insulation sector and fulfils the 'Minimum Environmental Criteria' (CAM) requirements
- Versalis Revive® EPS 5000 AE: containing 10% MPS, self-extinguishing, class E, for the insulation sector and fulfils CAM requirements
- Versalis Revive® EPS EUROPA 3 AE: containing 15% of secondary raw material
- Versalis Revive® EPS EUROPA 5 AE: containing 15% of secondary raw material
- Versalis Revive® ES3 AE: containing up to 80% of secondary post-consumer raw material
- Versalis Revive® ES5 AE: containing up to 80% of secondary post-consumer raw material
All these products have been certified as Plastica Seconda Vita ( Second Life Plastic) by the Institute for the Promotion of Recycling Plastics (IPPR).